Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Midwestern University Physician Assistant Program
Full time Physician Assistant Program Faculty
Glendale, AZ 85308 United States
Contact program for details
PRINCIPAL FACULTY MEMBER
Principal faculty members for the Physician Assistant (PA) Program have general program responsibilities as assigned and delegated by the Program Director or his/her designee, as well as responsibilities within the College of Health Sciences. Per the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), 4th Standards, these responsibilities include the following:
1. Developing, reviewing and/or revising the mission statement for the program;
2. Selecting applicants for admission to the PA program;
3. Providing student instruction;
4. Evaluating student performance;
5. Academic counseling of students;
6. Facilitating remedial instruction;
7. Designing, implementing, coordinating and evaluating curriculum, and
8. Evaluating the program.
Additional responsibilities include professional role-modeling, participating actively in the professional activities of regional and national organizations of the PA profession; assist with facilitating the PA Postgraduate Fellowship in Academic Medicine; and participating in scholarly activities that lead to new knowledge in areas that are consistent with the needs of the program and profession and involve the interests of the faculty member.
Principal faculty members of the Physician Assistant Program are appointed to the Faculty by the Dean, College of Health Sciences upon the recommendation of the Program Director. Appointment to the Faculty shall not be construed as a conferral of tenure. The term of appointment for adjunct and non-tenured faculty members is specified in the employment agreement and/or letter and is determined for defined intervals thereafter.
Principal faculty members in the Physician Assistant Program are responsible to the Program Director and in his/her absence the Assistant Program Director(s).
Education, training, experience:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Eligible candidates must hold the following:
1. Master’s degree or higher;
2. Degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program, and
3. Current national certification from the NCCPA.
Strong candidates for principal faculty must also possess the following:
1. Effective communication skills and a willingness to serve as a professional role model for students;
2. Effective interpersonal skills;
3. Academic/clinical experience commensurate with a ranked faculty appointment;
4. Graduate-level writing skills;
5. Knowledge and vision about the future of the profession and a strong commitment to achieve the missions of the Physician Assistant Program and the College of Health Sciences;
6. Competence in student advising and mentoring, and
7. Commitment to student instruction, scholarly activity, and program/college/university service.
Terms & Conditions